(Enid, OK) Early voting for the upcoming primary election starts Thursday at the county election board offices. Early voting will go from Thursday through Saturday. Garfield County Election Board Secretary Michael Frisbie is urging voters to wear masks when coming in to vote whether they vote early or on election day.
“We clearly cannot provide masks for the entire voting public,” Frisbie said, “but we are following a strict infection protection protocol for every precinct. With that in mind, your poll workers will be using masks, all surfaces and pens will be disinfected. Therefore, I strongly urge all voters to wear masks for their safety and the safety of their fellow voters.”
Hours for early voting will be from 8 am to 6 pm on Thursday, and Friday; from 9 am to 2 pm on Saturday.
Voters will be deciding the folllowing:
• Oklahoma Corporation Commission, Todd Hiett or Harold Spradling.
• U.S. Senate, Jim Inhofe, J.J. Stitt, Neil Mavis or John Tompkins.
• State Senate District 19, Roland Pederson or David Mason.
• Garfield County Sheriff, Cory Rink, Jody Helm or Dariel Momsen.
• House District 40 will decide between Chad Caldwell and Taylor Venus.
Democratic nominees for U.S. Senate Elysabeth Britt, Abby Broyles, Sheila Bilyeu and R.O. Cassity Jr.
Garber Public School patrons will decide the Office 5 school board race between Mark Appleton and Levi Bond.
Waukomis Public Schools patrons will decide the Office 4 school board race between Matt Anderson and Wes Felber.
For information, call Garfield County Election Board at (580) 237-6016.