107.1 KNID My 95.7 97.7 The Hawk106.3 The WolfSports Radio 1390 KCRC 

House Fire on North 20th Friday Evening in Enid

(Enid, OK) A fire burned through the roof of a house on Friday evening in the 1300 block of North 20th.

Firefighters were dispatched on Feb. 12th at 5:46 p.m. to the house on North 20th. A resident of the house told them, upon arrival, that everyone was out of the house, according to a report from the Enid Fire Department.

The EPD report stated that a heating lamp had been used to keep pets warm in a shelter before the fire started. The fire then spread from the building addition to the soffit of the home and then to the attic.

The report stated the home had significant fire damage to the framing in the attic and vented out of the roof on the southeast side of the building, resulting in burning the roof.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offered tips for using space heaters in homes/buildings:

• Use electric space heaters with automatic shut-off switches and non-glowing elements. Make sure to keep them away from any flammable materials, like curtains or blankets.

• Keep heat sources, like space heaters, at least 3 feet away from drapes, furniture or bedding.

• Never cover your space heater.

• Never place a space heater on top of furniture or near water.

• Never leave children unattended near a space heater.

• Make sure that the cord of an electric space heater is not a tripping hazard, but do not run the cord under carpets or rugs.

• Avoid using extension cords to plug in your space heater.

• If your space heater has a damaged electrical cord or produces sparks, do not use it.