107.1 KNID My 95.7 97.7 The Hawk106.3 The Wolf 

City of Enid Announces Openings On City Boards and Commissions

The city of Enid put out the following press release announcing openings on Boards and Commissions

Serving on a City board is an excellent way to get involved in your community and in local government.

Applications are being accepted for residents to serve on various boards and commissions.

Any interested resident of Enid can apply for the following eleven boards:

Board/Commissions with Vacancies for any resident of Enid.
  1. Aviation Advisory Board
  2. Board of Adjustment
  3. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Commission
  4. Enid Joint Recreation Triad Board of Directors
  5. Library Board
  1. Meadowlake Golf Course Advisory Board
  2. Park & Recreation Board
  3. Police Civil Service Commission
  4. Public Arts Commission of Enid (PACE)
  5. Tree Board
  6. Vance Development Authority

The four boards and commissions below have specific vacancy requirements:

Board/Commission Vacancies
ADA Access Board
  • Resident of Enid with a disability
Construction Board of Appeals
  • Licensed Electrical Contractor or Journeyman
  • Licensed Mechanical Contractor or Journeyman
  • Licensed Plumbing Contractor or Journeyman
  • Building Contractor
  • Registered Design Professional who is a Registered Architect
  • Registered Design Professional with Structural Engineering Experience
Historic Preservation Commission
  • Representative from the Waverly Historic District
  • Historian
  • Attorney
  • Licensed Real Estate Broker
  • Registered Architect
Metropolitan Area Planning Commission
  • Resident of Enid for the last three years

Applications can be completed electronically by selecting the “Apply” link provided under the Board/Commission Application tab on the City’s website:  Enid.org/BoardApplication.

Information may be obtained at the Office of the City Clerk, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Municipal Complex,
401 West Owen K. Garriott Road, Enid, Oklahoma, 73701 or by calling (580) 616-7274.