Oklahoma’s senators hailed passage of four spending bills Thursday that include money for Oklahoma projects.
The bills were part of a package that will fund several federal departments, including Agriculture, Transportation and Justice.
Among the provisions noted by Inhofe and Lankford in the bills were:
• $20 million for the National Mesonet Program, located at the University of Oklahoma.
• $3.2 billion for the Agricultural Research Service and National Institute of Food and Agriculture, funds that will maintain facilities in Woodward, El Reno and Stillwater.
• $5 million for aviation workforce development, as authorized by Inhofe’s provision in the Federal Aviation Administration bill.
• Full funding for the Air Traffic Control Contract Tower Program, which includes six air traffic control towers located in Oklahoma.
• Grant money to train law enforcement officers who respond to situations involving people undergoing a mental health crisis.