(Enid, OK) The City of Enid Parks and Recreation department will host the 2020 Cardboard and Duct Tape Boat Race on Saturday, June 27, 2020 at Champlin Pool from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
The entry fee is $15 per team and includes a hot dog, chips and a drink for each team member.
Boats must be made before the race and must be built from cardboard and duct tape. No additional building materials are allowed. Paddles must also be made out of cardboard and duct tape. Boats may be a maximum width of 60 inches (5ft) and a maximum length of 84 inches (7ft).
Teams must consist of four people, however, there can only be two people in the boat. All ages are welcomed, but team members 9 and younger must have an adult in the boat with them. Participants 12 and younger must have adult supervision with them.
There will be six awards given at the event:
- Titanic Award – Goes to the boat who sinks in the most spectacular fashion
- Spirit Award – Goes to the team who had the most fun
- Best Design Award – Goes to the team with the most creative boat
- Champion Award –Goes to the team that completes the race the fastest
- Grand Champion Award – Goes to the team that completes the most laps before sinking
- Team Awesome Award – Goes to the team that has the most unique team name
For a full list of boat requirements and team racing rules or to register for the event and pay entry fees go to: Enid.org/BoatRace and select “Special Events/Classes” under the top-right of the page.
For more information, contact Event and Asset Coordinator Kasey Lowrie at 580-616-7210.